Fresh, Clean Hope

     New Years is one of my favorite times of the year. It's a chance to start over, to improve and learn and grow. It's a hundred new opportunities and adventures. It's a new chance to make a difference, to do things differently. When I picture a new year, I picture fresh, clean hope. Like the peacefulness of the world just after it snows. Laundry fresh out of the dryer- all warm and wonderful. A newborn baby. Puppy kisses. A brilliantly beautiful blue sky. Fresh, clean hope.
     I won't lie, I was always one of those people who thought New Year resolutions were kind of stupid and a waste of time. We all know they won't last past the end of the month, right? Yet I grudgingly made one or two because it's what you're "supposed" to do. I would never follow through with them and wouldn't really care (but then again, I'm pretty good at giving up on stuff...more on that in a minute). This year I have a bit of a different outlook on resolutions. I've begun to see them as actually being good and healthy. We should always be trying to improve somehow- even if it's just in one area of life. We weren't meant to be a static people that never grows or changes. We were mean to move and do and be!
     My word for this year is Change. I have become so complacent in my life, not growing all that much because I have been unwilling to move. Well this year I've decided to say "no more excuses!" Jake has often pointed out (much to my chagrin) that I am incredibly good at giving up on things- friendships, projects, improvements, etc. This year I want to change that. I know what my goals are and I want to pursue them wholeheartedly no matter how hard or messy or complicated things get. Even if things don't go the way I think they should, I want to keep pressing in to be the me that I was meant to be.
    I won't bore you with my resolutions, I just wanted to encourage anyone reading this to never stop learning and growing and being.
     So what about you? Do you like making resolutions? Do you have any that you are extra excited about for this year?
     Praying all of you experience fresh, clean hope in the days and weeks to come.

~~The Love Little Introvert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Finding Nemo Taught Me About Life

The Age Old Question for Writers

Why "Fake it 'til you make it" is Total Crap