The World is Ending

     A very popular topic of discussion over the last few weeks, as a result of all the hurricanes/earthquakes/fires, etc, is that the world is ending and Jesus is coming back. Welllll....I hate to break it to you, but the world has always been ending. Ever since He left, Jesus has been "coming back." Yes, I know what the Bible says about how the earth will groan and there will be all sorts of signs and whatnot. I know, but I want to challenge you to think about a few things...Do with it what you will.

     1. Using a fear tactic isn't bringing people to Jesus the right way. Yeah, okay, I said it. Telling people the world is ending and Jesus could come back any second isn't how we should be sharing Jesus with people. We should be telling them that He loves them and has a plan for them. That He died to save them from their sins. We should be loving on them, not scaring them into salvation. I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem the most genuine way to me.
     2. Stop assuming you know when He is coming back. Look, the Bible says Jesus doesn't even know the day or the hour (Matthew 24:36) and neither do we. We are just to keep watch and be ready. I really don't think a solar eclipse means He is coming back pronto! There have been solar eclipses in the past and still no Jesus. In fact, Jesus said in Revelation 22:12, "Look, I am coming soon!" Soon is obviously a pretty relative term as it was said thousands and thousands of years ago. The reality of it is Jesus could come back in the next five minutes or not for the next 500 years.

    3. Change how you live cause Jesus is coming back! This mentality bothers me. Over  the past few weeks I've seen so many people basically say that Jesus is returning so we need to really be intentional about how we live now! Well if we were living as the good Lord intended for us to live, loving people and sharing Him, we shouldn't have to change a thing. We should just be able to keep doing what we've been doing all along if we are living the way the Church should be. The problem is that the Church feels guilty for not living as true believers should be, they just took the "get out of jail free card" and are suddenly being shocked into remembering that Jesus is coming back and they should start living the "right way" now. Just love people, guys. Share Jesus with 'em.

     I don't know if that resonates with anyone or it just sounds totally crazy, but it's been on my heart for the last few weeks and just really wanted to share. Blessings to all of you, my lovely readers.

~Lovely Little Introvert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Finding Nemo Taught Me About Life

The Age Old Question for Writers

Why "Fake it 'til you make it" is Total Crap