Marriage isn't cake, but sometimes I eat cake for breakfast

    Believe me, I do realize I've only been married six months, but I have learned a few things in that time that I wanted to share. :) I'm sure all my married friends can relate.

    Here are the Top 10 Marriage Lessons in the last six months.

10. Your spouse doesn't always appreciate your sleeping position. Especially when you take up most of the bed and the blankets.

9. Sometimes you have to step into their world and do what they love, even if you're not that interested. Like eat sushi or play Pokémon Go.
8. You don't have to do everything together. In fact, time apart is a great idea. Like, honey I love ya, but I need some quiet time.
7. Have tickle fights and wrestling matches. :)

6. Be little kids together. Eat too much ice cream. Watch Disney movies. Swing on the swings at the park. Have a good old fashioned foot race.
5. Talk about the hard stuff. This has been one of the hardest for me, but something I'm working on.
4. Fight for each other...even if it means every once in a while you have to fight with each other.
3. Dream together. It's oddly important and connects you even more.
2. Don't neglect each other in any way. This one is pretty self explanatory.
1. Remember when you look at your wedding ring the promise you gave and the one you received. 


Jacob adds that the top thing he has learned is that marriage is hard, but rewarding. I second what he said. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the biggest adventure. Despite the difficulties we've faced and all the ones we've yet to go through, I can't imagine going through life with anyone else. He is my best friend and biggest supporter. God blessed me so much with this man. I can't believe after so much waiting, I get to wake up next to him every day knowing he is my forever. Yeah, okay, mushy I know. But who doesn't like a good love story? <3

Any you would add? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Finding Nemo Taught Me About Life

The Age Old Question for Writers

Why "Fake it 'til you make it" is Total Crap