Everyone should have a journal

     I don't know about all of you, but I love journaling. I probably have twenty or so full journals in a box and usually have about three going (for different things). I love writing and I love words. About the time I was ten or eleven I started keeping a journal, mostly of silly little things like someone's birthday party or how mad someone had made me. Then as I got older, the journaling changed a little. It included more of what God was teaching me and the parts of life that I could not figure out. Now I journal a little less than I used to, but it is far more intentional now than it ever used to be. I love looking back on old entries to see where I have come from and all that God is teaching me. I love being able to see the challenges I faced and eventually conquered and  the things I am still learning how to deal with. I don't know, there is just something about being able to look back and reminisce on the faithfulness of God and know that He is still that same faithful God today that He was three years or even three months ago. So, so thankful that He doesn't ever change even when life and I are always changing. And when you look back and see the struggles and the triumphs, He likes to remind you that He has been with you every single step of the way and He will continue to be. The messy parts of life can be blessings, too. Especially when we can start to see their purposes forming. They let us realize that God knew what He was doing all along and He is trustworthy.
     If you don't keep a journal, I would highly encourage that you start. It doesn't have to be anything major, just a little spiral-bound deal (they are all really cheap right now because school is starting back!) where you can write down your thoughts-no matter how crazy. Sometimes I write my prayers to the Lord or just things I want to vent about. Sometimes I write where I desperately need God to show up or I just write about the great week I've had. There are no rules for such creative expression.
     Happy journaling!!!
~~The Lovely Little Introvert

Just for fun, here is a silly journal entry I found this morning from September of last year:
     "I'm weird. I love cookies. Stories inspire me. Sometimes I have these ideas that I can make a difference. I love to laugh. Some days I embrace my singleness wholeheartedly. Other days I ache for someone to share life with. I love puppies and snuggling. I cried during the finales of my favorite TV show. I have no idea what I am doing with my life. It is easy for me to get lost in books. I could probably sing all day-- music helps heal the places in my heart that I don't know how to fix. I like to pretend I can paint. I love shopping. Sometimes I sleep with a teddy bear. I bake mean desserts. Most importantly, God loves this messy girl He made, and He doesn't mind walking with me while I figure out this thing called life."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Finding Nemo Taught Me About Life

The Age Old Question for Writers

Why "Fake it 'til you make it" is Total Crap