Annual Year End Wrap-Up

     Wow! Where do I even begin?? This year has been one of the craziest of my life. It has been so very full. So amazing. So difficult. So awesome and challenging and a million other adjectives I can't think of at the moment. For those of you interested in the recap, keep reading. If not, I love ya and hope this new year is great for you. 
       If you're still reading, I promise I'll try to make this quick. Started off the year getting married (we hit our one year mark on the 27th of January!) That was the most shocking thing about the year, I think. After struggling for so long with wanting to get married, I finally surrendered to the Lord and whatever He had planned for my life. I was actually content being single. Then God brought Jake back into the picture (after I pretty much hated him for 6 month) and the rest is history.

We got to adventure to the Virgin Islands on our honeymoon and it was awesome. We met some really great people (that we are still in contact with today) and had some amazing adventures. We got to swim with sea turtles and see huge stingrays right on the ocean floor. We rode on a catamaran and met cool locals who told us their stories (like Ms. Norma who had been married more than 50 years). It is definitely one of our favorite places.

         My baby sister got married! I knew from the moment she and Gabe went on their first date that they were meant to be together. They are too cute and their wedding was so them in every way. (I still can't believe she is even old enough to be a married woman. Isn't she still my 5 year old little sister who plays with baby dolls all the  time?) Right after they got married, they moved to West Virginia where they are making a huge impact loving on people and serving the Lord wholeheartedly. And even though I hate not having my best friend here, I know they are needed where they are.
     My parents and brothers moved to Virginia this summer to help out my grandparents. They felt like it was where the Lord was calling them. I'm glad they obeyed. They needed a fresh start even if it hasn't always been the easiest venture. It's the first time we have really truly lived in 2 different places (Minnesota aside). It has been weird, but probably a good growing experience for everyone.
     This summer I also graduated from Arizona State University with my B.A. in English. My school journey has been long and complicated. There have been many mishaps and misadventures, but I finally made it. Thanks to everyone who put up with me while I was in college and everyone who supported me. Thanks to Starbucks for paying for me to finish my degree. I'm so glad I'm done with school!!

     Lastly I'll mention our pup. For the longest time I was looking for a dog. Frequently I checked the pound and Craigslist. Even a few other rescues. They were either too expensive or just not right for us. The Lord just kept telling me "not yet". One day I was looking through Craigslist again when I came across a family in Yoder who had a litter of puppies they needed to get rid of. I texted them and she told me they only had one yellow one left. Thus, Ollie. We got him in October and it was the perfect match. In just a few short months he has become one of my best buddies. He's a little mischievous, a little annoying, but boy is he playful and sweet. He is a big snuggle-bug which I love and he's super photogenic, which I also love. He gets along with Jingles sometimes. She has gotten to the point where she will let him lick her ears. A pretty big step I think. She just doesn't like when he chases her around the dining room table.  I so love being a fur mama to these two.


          Well thanks for reading!! I'll post more later about what I am aiming for in 2018, but I'll sign off for now. Love you all and happy last three days of 2017!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Finding Nemo Taught Me About Life

The Age Old Question for Writers

Why "Fake it 'til you make it" is Total Crap