In Dublin's Fair City Where the Girls Are So Pretty

     I have been really bad about blogging lately. Things have been crazy lately. Life never stops, you know? Anyhow, I hope to be a little better about it this time. And today's post will be quite random, so prepare yourselves!!
     Ever since I was about fourteen or so I have been in love with Ireland. It all started with me wanting something to write about. I literally grabbed an encyclopedia (yeah, we had the book set, not the fancy internet encyclopedia...) and flipped until I found something interesting. That happened to be the Irish potato famine. I knew it had to be the setting for my book! I did tons of research and became totally obsessed. That was the first book I wrote. Looking back now, I realize how terrible the writing and plot were, but I have a special place in my heart for it. That sparked a huge ongoing interest in the country. Some of my favorite authors were Irish. If you've never seen any real pictures, do yourself a favor and go look. They have beautiful green hills, castles galore, breathtaking views, and some pretty amazing cities, too. It's quite lovely-or at least I imagine it is. I haven't been....yet. I have plans to go someday.
     When I began my obsession with Ireland, I just decided I had to have Irish blood in my veins without ever actually knowing my heritage. (I mean technically we're all everything since we came from Adam and Eve...) I know for certain I'm French-which I look- and Cherokee Native American-which I do not look, but that's really it. I just determined that I was going to be of Irish descent, too. This morning, being Saint Patrick's Day, I put a little Irish blessing on Facebook. My grandmother commented and told me that I actually do have Irish blood in my veins!! I can't exactly explain it, but I was floored! This odd little dream to be Irish became a reality. Is it weird that it makes me feel like I have a new piece to the puzzle that is me?
     Sorry this blog post has been so off-the-wall Nothing else in my life has been terribly interesting lately. Plus I just felt like sharing this. With that being said:
     "May love and laughter light your days and warm your heart and home. May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam. May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures. May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Finding Nemo Taught Me About Life

The Age Old Question for Writers

Why "Fake it 'til you make it" is Total Crap