COB: Part 2 4 Wreaths under $10

Make 4 Wreaths for Under $10
     As promised, here is the next post in this new crafting on a budget series. I will show you how you can make 4 wreaths for your front door for under 10 bucks. No, really! I'm gonna be honest, they aren't the fanciest or most expensive looking wreaths, but if you want something different and maybe even a little unconventional, keep reading! I'll give you a list of what I used to make it, roughly how much each item cost and any tips or tricks you might need when recreating the wreath for yourself! 

     First things first, there are a few items you'll need for basically every project and these I haven't included in the $10 price. 
1. A good pair of scissors. 'Nough said. An ideal pair would cut ribbon without it fraying. 
2. A glue gun or craft glue. If you're using regular glue, I would go with Anita's craft glue, available at Michael's or Joann or Hobby Lobby. It's better than regular Elmer's glue as it is intended for crafting and will likely hold up better. 
3. Some type of sealant. This is mostly pertinent for projects involving paint. It protects against the sun and whatnot. This is the kind I use and I really like it (Rustoleum-Crystal Clear Enamel). You can get this for about 5 bucks at Walmart.

    #1: The Turkey Wreath 
1. Wreath base-$1 (Dollar Tree)
2. Turkey- $3 (Hobby Lobby)
3. Twine- My craft box (but you can get twine at the dollar store)
4. Striped Ribbon- $1 (Walmart)
          Total=$6

     For traditional wreaths I will usually by my wreath bases at the Dollar Tree. I use the foam type forms, but they also carry wire and wood frames. 
     For the twine and ribbon I just wrapped it around the form, hot gluing as I went to avoid it slipping. The turkey figure was 40% off at Hobby Lobby and I just hot glued him in the center with a bit of extra glue to make sure he stayed. For the hanger, I just tied a piece of twine around the top and called it good! Simple and adorable. Great for fall or just Thanksgiving. 

     #2: Pumpkin Wreath 
1. Orange and Dark Red Anita's paint-$0.50 each (Walmart)
2. Pack of wooden letter-$3 (Walmart)
3. Jello mold or Bundt pan- $3 Thrift Store 
4. Green burlap- $1 (Dollar Tree)
5. Twine- $1 (Dollar Tree) 
            Total= 9
     




     I painted the pan with a couple coats. It was uneven, but I liked it that way. I don't have a picture, but I got some of the letters from the pack and painted the word "fall" with the dark red paint and hot glued it to the "pumpkin". I cut a small piece of green burlap, folded it and glued a few places. I then glued it to the pan for the leaf. I cut three pieces of the twine, roughly 8 inches each and tied it on the hoop attached to the pan. Spray with sealer once it's finished. 

     #3: Scarf Wreath 
1. Foam wreath base-$1 (Dollar Tree)
2. Scarf-$3 (Goodwill) 
      Total= 4 

   Literally the most simple wreath ever! You just take the foam base and wrap the scarf around it, tie it in a knot or keep wrapping until it's finished. No need to glue or anything and you can change out the scarf for the season! 
     #4: Frame Wreath 
1. Ribbon-$1 (Michael's clearance bin)
2. Buttons- My craft box (but you can literally get buttons anywhere. Walmart, Dollar Tree, etc.)
3. Frame- $3 (Goodwill)
4. Letters- $3 (Pack from Walmart) 
5. Blue and pink Anita's craft paint-$.050 (Walmart)
6. Lace ribbon- $1 (Walmart)
         Total= $9

     This wreath was a little time consuming, but it turned out really cute. The frame I just sanded a bit after I took the glass and back out, then painted it, leaving it looking a little worn. For the flowers, I cut the ribbon about two inches apiece and hot glued those pieces together with a button in the center. For the letters, I just painted them and hot glued them to the frame. The flowers, once assembled, I just hot glued directly onto the frame. For the hanging, I looped the lace around the top of the frame, tied the top in a bow and that's that! 





      I hope you enjoyed these four wreaths under 10 bucks. Of course, these can be changed to fit any season or occasion you choose. Happy decorating! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Finding Nemo Taught Me About Life

The Age Old Question for Writers

Why "Fake it 'til you make it" is Total Crap